The PAP STEM Initiative enables President’s Award Program scholars majoring in STEM disciplines at UIC to join a network with their peers and faculty in the scientific community. Students do research, make connections, and enhance their experience at UIC, while preparing for graduate school and becoming the next generation of scientists and engineers who will shape the world.
To join the PAP STEM Initiative, students are first invited to accept an award and become scholars in the President’s Award Program (PAP). PAP Scholars who intend to major in a STEM discipline (biochemistry, biological sciences, chemistry, computer sciences, earth and environmental sciences, engineering, mathematics, neuroscience, or physics), are interested in conducting research in science and engineering, and plan to pursue graduate education in their STEM field are invited to join PAP STEM.
Students participating in the PAP STEM Initiative will:
- Gain hands-on scientific research experience
- Build their professional network
- Learn how to study effectively in a STEM discipline
- Benefit from clustered course registration for math and chemistry courses
- Participate in PAP STEM Seminars led by faculty